Courage Cammies
Website by Jeremy Alderman
Eric,
I have been working on the website trying to get the navigation buttons to work but I just cannot figure it out! It's been a very frustrating process, but here are screenshots from the website. Really sorry about that! All of the links within the website work except for the navigation pane.
Home Page:
About Us Page:
Projects Page:
Contact Page:
Donate Page:
Read More Page:
Style Guide:
Our group used light green, forest green, light blue, navy blue, and light tan for our color scheme throughout our campaign.
Principles:
I used the logo we created at the top of the page to immediately draw the attention of the viewer. I believe it makes the web pages stand out with it's contrast relation to the light green navigation pane as well as the light blue buttons found on the home page. I used similar text fonts throughout the website. The titles of each section on each page was Fredericka the Great in dark forest green. Though it was the default format, I thought it complemented the font style from our logo. I also used Tahoma for all of the areas of description to provide a professional look to the website. The "Projects" page uses the Gestalt Principles of the Law of Similarity and Proximity because of the distinct alignment of the photos. The photos also create a rule of thirds appeal. The white background of the website, which you cannot see in the screenshot photos, allows the other elements of the website to "rest" on it, which lets the elements stand out more.
The primary focus, above all, was how the website made me feel. It was for a great cause so I tried to do a nice job making it appealing to the military family audience. I believe it is simple enough and easy to follow that will make it attractive for those military families to want to get involved with Courage Cammies. I know that Bette comes from a military family and she loved the appeal of the website and what it stood for.







No comments:
Post a Comment